RPG Forums

RPG Forums (http://forum.juhlin.com/index.php)
-   Twilight 2000 Forum (http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Introducing myself (http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=2698)

Fat Goblin 12-26-2011 08:21 PM

Hey,

I've played all the versions of T2K. Recently my gaming group got into T2013.
I am going to run the game for them.

So here I am looking for more information.

StainlessSteelCynic 12-27-2011 03:05 AM

Welcome to the forum, you have many, many days of combing through past threads ahead of you but I'm sure you'll find plenty of useful info.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Goblin (Post 42506)
Hey,

I've played all the versions of T2K. Recently my gaming group got into T2013.
I am going to run the game for them.

So here I am looking for more information.

JSerena 02-20-2012 04:50 AM

Hi everybody,

I just sign up, so I thought I would introduce myself. I am here to look for some start up information for my uni project, so cant wait to go through some threads.

Serena

DocSavage45B10 06-11-2012 08:31 PM

Oops, thought the New Members Thread stickied at the top of the topic list was the place for this. Oh well, let me try again.

Just wanted to say Hi! Raiding these forums for material has already helped me tremendously in setting up my campaign that is about to go live. We'll be running version 2.2 rules in a near-future 2020 setting based on a timeline I found here. I'd like to thank Mohoender and Legbreaker for material I've already blatently ripped off to establish my campaign's background, especially 'Yet Another Modern Timeline' and Legbreaker's analysis of the 3rd Army's offensive in Poland. Anyway, here's the Obsidian Portal page for our game:

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/afterwar-year-0

About myself: I'm a veteran of the recent unpleasentness in Southwest Asia (OIF I, 2003-2004), I was active Army, 45B10, stationed in Bamberg Germany with the 317th Maint. Company (Nondiv). Currently I work in IT (have you tried turning it off and back on again?) in the Great State of Texas, and I'm the proud father of one, my one year old daughter Harmony. I got into Roleplaying at the tender age of 12 or so, with Chaosium's Elfquest, which lead to Rifts and Cyberpunk 2020, and eventually to AD&D (I know, I'm wierd).

I currently have the good fortune of belonging to a weekly gaming group that plays games using a wide variety of systems and themes, and we were supposed to begin my Twilight 2020 campaign (Afterwar: Year 0) this past weekend, but my house had to quarantined to an outbreak of child induced runny nose and coughing.

Howdy y'all!

Targan 06-11-2012 11:30 PM

G'day, Doc. Welcome to the forum!

Draq 09-22-2014 11:33 AM

Thanks for having me. I'm draq, and ive been looking for a post apoc ww3 military survival RPGfor over 10yrs, and i found t2k a month ago. The irony is its been out since before I was born. I'm currently in the process of trying to save up the money to buy the full v1 disc with all the books and challenge articles. T2k is now my new favorite thing, borderline obsession. I look forward to spending time here with expirenced players and new fans alike.

StainlessSteelCynic 09-22-2014 07:08 PM

Hey Draq, welcome to the forum.
As a suggestion, I'd say search the forum for posts about the differences between the various editions if you want to know more.
For me, I prefer v2.2 over v1 because I like rules that don't get in the way of the story but others like the "crunchier" v1 rules. Both versions have their strengths and weaknesses but you can usually work around them without breaking anything.

kato13 09-22-2014 11:16 PM

Welcome aboard Draq.

All of us here have a little obsession for the game so I'm sure you will fit right in. :)

Draq 09-23-2014 06:44 AM

Thanx guys. My main point of curiousity is how difficult is it to convert say the stats for a rifle for example, from one version to another? Hypotheticaly

Draq 09-23-2014 12:03 PM

Also, would it be possible to direct me towards any available PDFs? I have the cavalry and bicycles one already.

James Langham2 09-23-2014 12:52 PM

ice to see you here Draq - check the sticky called Thread Map for a list of articles.

Draq 09-23-2014 01:27 PM

Yes it is i, from Facebook. Thanks for the directions and the PDF, well done.

pmulcahy11b 09-23-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draq (Post 61315)
Also, would it be possible to direct me towards any available PDFs? I have the cavalry and bicycles one already.

http://www.pmulcahy.com/PDFs/pdf_page.htm

Moist of my site is available as PDFs here. There are also some gems such as Wapahani's site (TR has since passed away of cancer, and gave me permission to put his site in the PDF section), and several others under the Other Documents category.

kato13 09-23-2014 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draq (Post 61315)

The Attachment map has most of the PDFs on the site (current to a few months ago).

Draq 09-23-2014 07:00 PM

Thanx again. And I've been a fan of your site for a while, stat guy. I'm sorry about the loss. I'm trying to get all the info I can, since I don't have the actual game yet. I know I want the v1 timeline, possibly modified, which I'll determined once I really get into the game setting. But I'm still not sure about which system... Probably v1 also. I've been patiently waiting to spend the $35 bucks on the v1 cd, due to limited funds. I'd rather have the books, but the disc is easier to get and has everything.

swaghauler 02-01-2015 04:04 PM

Intros.

Hello;

I'm Tom, AKA Swag (short for Swaghauler). I was given my name by a bunch of "kids" (twenty somethings I shoot with) who started calling me this because I drove Armored Cars (part time) for the last Decade. I actively gamed from 1980 until the mid 90's playing mostly Twilight2000 and Rune Quest (but I've tried just about everything). A very involved Military, Security, and Law Enforcement Career (including a trip to Somalia with the 10th Mountain during Restore Hope) pushed gaming into my past. I served in the Army (and Reserves) from 1988 to 1996. I "bought" my military time and retired from my County Sheriff's Department in 2012 and went into OTR trucking. I have rekindled my love of pen and paper RPGs because I cannot go shooting as much now that I live in a rolling "coffin box" during the week. I believe that games should be as realistic as possible as long as game play is not compromised. I'm looking for like minded souls to bounce ideas off as I begin to prepare another major campaign. I joined your forum because you have some really good threads posted here. I have 16 years of active gaming under my belt. I also have 23 years of military and LE experience and 38 years of shooting experience (including IDPA and 3 gun shooting). I would like to say thanks for the warm welcome I've already recieved from some of you.

kato13 02-02-2015 02:03 AM

Welcome Swag.

Glad to see you have jumped in with both feet.

StainlessSteelCynic 02-02-2015 04:33 AM

Hey welcome to the forum Swaghauler'
Like Kato said, good to see you felt right at home and jumped right in!

Anna Elizabeth 06-17-2015 10:00 PM

Hi-Hi Everyone! :) I'm Anna, nice to meet you.

I have a long-time interest in Cold War gone Hot fiction and gaming, so T2K was a natural for me. I have some of the PDFs, the Main Book reprint from Far Future, about 10 of the old modules, and "The Last Battle" all bought used.

I love miniatures and models, so I've been thinking of doing some skirmish wargaming in T2K's universe, using 1/35th scale models. It'll be big, and spectacular. XD

I guess being little in the 80s, reading the fiction, it's stuck with me. I like T2K for having an interesting storyline, the modifications to vehicles, and having women in combat.

Other than wargaming and RPGs, I'm a Trekkie, a Brony/Pegasister, and a Fashionista. :) I'm looking forwards to talking with you all.

StainlessSteelCynic 06-18-2015 03:30 AM

Hi Anna, welcome to the forum. I commented on one of your posts and was thinking that you had obviously been here for some time but now I see you found the place just recently :o
It's good to see that new members feel comfortable enough to start posting early on and hopefully you all find some good info here and Kato keeps a pretty big archive so be prepared to spend many hours trawling through the old posts! :D

Anna Elizabeth 06-18-2015 06:45 AM

Thanx, Cynic. I've been poking around, there's a lot of info and ideas here, it's great. :)

Silent Hunter UK 06-18-2015 10:40 AM

Welcome to the forum!

Schone23666 06-18-2015 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anna Elizabeth (Post 65337)
Thanx, Cynic. I've been poking around, there's a lot of info and ideas here, it's great. :)

It definitely is great! TONS of info and ideas to be found here. Many of the members here have gamed T2K or other RPG's for a long time (just don't ask how long, hehheh :D ), and come from a wide variety of backgrounds. Best of all, it's probably one of the most civil forums that I've seen on the net.

Of course, having fresh new faces also helps :p , welcome aboard!

BTW, like your pic, Scarlett Johansson should get her own Black Widow movie already.

StainlessSteelCynic 06-18-2015 12:16 PM

Quote:

Just spent a bit of time over at your blog. All I can say is: - 80's & 90's music, oh hell yes! :)
And Anna Tsuchiya! My fav's are Guilty and Atashi but I do like Lovin' You a hell of a lot too. You're the first person I've met who knows of/likes Anna!
I'd love to go through your music collection :D

Anna Elizabeth 06-18-2015 12:49 PM

Hello All, and Thanx for the welcomes!

@Schone - totally agree, Scarlett is awesome, and we're long-overdue for a kickass Black Widow movie. She has the depth to carry a complex spy story, I don't know why that haven't started one yet.

@Cynic - XD I so love Anna Tsuchiya! I found her in the movie Kamikaze Girls and I was instantly crushing on her. Anna is so amazing, how she can go from a poppy song like "Slap That Naughty Body"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyXk...m-AlIC&index=9

to something like "Lovin You"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FVM...m-AlIC&index=6

I have "Strip Me" on import CD, and a few others digital. I've intro'd a lot of people to Anna Tsuchiya, and if you're around me in local space it isn't long before I make you watch Kamikaze Girls.

For my music collection, it's eclectic - ton's of 80s & 90s pop, rock, and dance, J-Rock and anime soundtracks, jazz - I love Brubeck, Coltrane, Miles Davis - classical, and a bit of Opera.

kato13 06-18-2015 01:00 PM

Quote:

Welcome aboard and thanks for the complement.

It's a big place so feel free to ask questions.

Anna Elizabeth 06-18-2015 01:16 PM

I will Kato, and thanx. :)

I like what I see, the archives are amazing, a treasure horde of Cold War military knowledge and gaming ideas.

I have more ideas than time already, and I'm getting even more now. :)

Draq 06-18-2015 01:47 PM

Welcome

Anna Elizabeth 06-18-2015 02:53 PM

Thank you Draq. :)

StainlessSteelCynic 06-18-2015 07:43 PM

Hi again Anna, music and eclectic? Yeah I can relate to that.
My tastes were formed early on by my parents play list which went as diverse as Jimi Hendrix, The Animals, Iron Butterfly, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Thin Lizzy to Bill Haley and the Comets, Herman's Hermits, Buddy Holly, The Searchers to Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin, Tchaikovsky.
Love 80s & 90s and even some of the early 2000s, like a lot of 70s (not so much the disco stuff) but also like a lot of 50s and most of the 60s tunes. Like a lot of trance particularly the more aggressive stuff like tribal & industrial.
Don't mind a bit of jazz (particularly Nina Simone) and Blues. Particularly love the harder sounding j-rock which is where I found Tsuchiya. Guilty pleasures include j-pop and k-pop (not particularly liking the Japanese or Korean boy bands though, they're too soft, sounds like something I'd hear in an elevator!). Like a lot of movie soundtracks (anime and otherwise) and some general instrumental. Not fond of opera but I like a lot of traditional/world music.

Perhaps I should have found an off-topic thread somewhere for talking about music - next time I should just post to your blog! :D

But to get back onto the Twilight: 2000 theme...
I'd encourage all new members to ask any questions they might have. There's a lot of us who where either in the military or had relatives in the military during the Cold War era or have specific interests in various aspects of the era so don't hesitate to ask if you're after some info in particular. And don't hesitate to contribute from your own knowledge/experiences/resources.

.45cultist 06-19-2015 05:36 AM

Welcome to all the new guys!

Anna Elizabeth 06-19-2015 06:50 AM

I want to thank Everyone for the warm welcomes. :) I'm really enjoying this forum, so much information, and so many good ideas.

Cynic - We do have similar tastes in music. :) And anyone is welcome to comment on my Blog, I post Minis, Music, Star Trek, and kind of anything that strikes me, and I enjoy the discussion.

Cdnwolf 06-19-2015 10:14 AM

:firedevil

All this fresh virgin meat to inflict Targan on... he is drooling...

Anna Elizabeth 06-19-2015 10:23 AM

LOL

Cdnwolf 06-19-2015 10:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The Few, The Proud. The BRONIES.

Anna Elizabeth 06-19-2015 10:49 AM

Aww, we don't all look like that:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...psixwcbvgn.jpg

^ not me, but this:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...pscygugweu.jpg

is *me*, at least showing my latest purchase for my Rainbow Dash cosplay.

swaghauler 06-19-2015 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anna Elizabeth (Post 65331)
Hi-Hi Everyone! :) I'm Anna, nice to meet you.

I have a long-time interest in Cold War gone Hot fiction and gaming, so T2K was a natural for me. I have some of the PDFs, the Main Book reprint from Far Future, about 10 of the old modules, and "The Last Battle" all bought used.

I love miniatures and models, so I've been thinking of doing some skirmish wargaming in T2K's universe, using 1/35th scale models. It'll be big, and spectacular. XD

I guess being little in the 80s, reading the fiction, it's stuck with me. I like T2K for having an interesting storyline, the modifications to vehicles, and having women in combat.

Other than wargaming and RPGs, I'm a Trekkie, a Brony/Pegasister, and a Fashionista. :) I'm looking forwards to talking with you all.

Hello Anna;

I'm pretty new myself but I'll welcome you as well. I'm Tom but most of my friends call me Swaghauler (Swag for short) because I hauled other peoples valuables around (via Armored Car) for more than a decade. I just got back into gaming myself after long Military and Law Enforcement carriers. I have to say; it is a lot more fun gaming this stuff than it was "living it."

Anna Elizabeth 06-19-2015 01:54 PM

Hi Swag, good to know you. :)

Oh, I can imagine that the reality isn't always fun.

Cdnwolf 06-19-2015 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anna Elizabeth (Post 65379)
Aww, we don't all look like that:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...psixwcbvgn.jpg

^ not me, but this:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...pscygugweu.jpg

is *me*, at least showing my latest purchase for my Rainbow Dash cosplay.

I only wear that outfit for this groups Meet and Greets.

But welcome. It is a nice mix of people from around the world so you get to see how things might be seen through a difficults cultures way of life. Just stay away from the Canadians... thems all crazy.

Targan 06-20-2015 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cdnwolf (Post 65376)
All this fresh virgin meat to inflict Targan on... he is drooling...

Hey! I resemble that comment.