RPG Forums

RPG Forums (http://forum.juhlin.com/index.php)
-   Twilight 2000 Forum (http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Canon price of AvGas? (http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=5235)

raketenjagdpanzer 08-09-2016 03:59 PM

Canon price of AvGas?

Was this ever given in any v1 rulebooks? If so what was the cost? Thanks in advance.

swaghauler 08-09-2016 05:47 PM

I don't know what the Canon Price is, but modern real world prices doubled would probably work. I would guess that AvGas would be around $8 to $10 per Gallon and JP8 (jet fuel) would be about $5 to $6 per gallon as it is easier to refine (it is simply "well purified" Kerosene).

raketenjagdpanzer 08-09-2016 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swaghauler (Post 71825)
I don't know what the Canon Price is, but modern real world prices doubled would probably work. I would guess that AvGas would be around $8 to $10 per Gallon and JP8 (jet fuel) would be about $5 to $6 per gallon as it is easier to refine (it is simply "well purified" Kerosene).

Thanks. I think that sounds fair. I want to determine a starting "price" to use the buy-points for the group of NPCs I'm going to create in my other project.

Bullet Magnet 08-09-2016 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raketenjagdpanzer (Post 71823)
Was this ever given in any v1 rulebooks? If so what was the cost? Thanks in advance.

The Errata Sheet has all the fuel prices listed:
Methanol: $4 (V/V)
Ethanol: $8 (C/C)
Diesel: $40 (R/R)
Gasoline: $48 (R/R)
Avgas: $60 (R/R)
All prices are per liter,

I hope this helps.

WallShadow 08-09-2016 08:18 PM

Here's a nice Wiley Coyote scheme for characters with CHEM skill: have them attempt to make octane booster compounds, like tetraethyl lead. Of course, failed rolls could lead to lead poisoning, insanity, and death. Success could boost regular gasoline to avgas octane levels, though.

.45cultist 08-09-2016 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swaghauler (Post 71825)

Except for the RDF Source book, Krakow had it at $25 or more per liter if memory serves. RDF had $6-10 per liter. My memory may have it wrong, but one paid to scvoot around in a MANPADS target.

Silent Hunter UK 08-12-2016 12:44 PM

I would personally say that the 'canon' prices of items should be enforced when building characters or parties at game start. A GM can be a lot more flexible in an active game itself.

There are other options than paying the 'canon price' IC; haggling, the five-finger discount or for that matter the 'cannon price' i.e. pointing your 30mm auto-cannon at the vendor and telling him/her to hand it over or they will end up like a character from a Paranoia game.

Olefin 08-17-2016 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Hunter UK (Post 71863)
I would personally say that the 'canon' prices of items should be enforced when building characters or parties at game start. A GM can be a lot more flexible in an active game itself.

There are other options than paying the 'canon price' IC; haggling, the five-finger discount or for that matter the 'cannon price' i.e. pointing your 30mm auto-cannon at the vendor and telling him/her to hand it over or they will end up like a character from a Paranoia game.

Great to see a reference to Paranoia here - now that was a very fun game

James Langham2 08-18-2016 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olefin (Post 71910)
Great to see a reference to Paranoia here - now that was a very fun game

Oh and how would you know about that friend citizen?