RPG Forums

RPG Forums (http://forum.juhlin.com/index.php)
-   Twilight 2000 Forum (http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Kangaroos (Split from Red Star, Lone Star) (http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=660)

Mohoender 03-18-2009 05:48 PM

(Pretty big drift from the Texas deserts so I gave it a new thread -kato13)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b
Kind of interesting; in 10,000 years you may be part of someone's archaeological dig!

Another one will be puzzled to find one of my friend's wallet carried by a kangaroo. Some years ago he hit a kangaroo with his car. Put his wallet and jacket on the beast to take a picture. Saddly, the kangaroo was only KO and it jumped away with their papers, money, traveler checks...:D

pmulcahy11b 03-18-2009 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mohoender
Another one will be puzzled to find one of my friend's wallet carried by a kangaroo. Some years ago he hit a kangaroo with his car. Put his wallet and jacket on the beast to take a picture. Saddly, the kangaroo was only KO and it jumped away with their papers, money, traveler checks...:D

So that's where they got that idea for that stupid movie about a year ago! Did your friend get royalties?

Mohoender 03-19-2009 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b
So that's where they got that idea for that stupid movie about a year ago! Did your friend get royalties?

Not smart enough. Anyway it seems that he wouldn't be the only one to get royalties.;)

TiggerCCW UK 03-19-2009 01:53 AM

I worked with an Australian guy a few years back who hit a 'roo on his way home one night. He may also have consumed a few ales before he left. After he hit the roo he was somewhat annoyed at the damage to his car at which point he got out and started punching it, which is when he discovered it had only been stunned. It reared up and hit him, either with a kick or its tail, he wasn't too sure, and took off. He said it felt like being hit by a truck.

Targan 03-19-2009 01:55 AM

I've eaten kangaroo for my evening meal every night this week. I'll be eating it again tonight. Yum.

boogiedowndonovan 03-19-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Targan
I've eaten kangaroo for my evening meal every night this week. I'll be eating it again tonight. Yum.

does it taste like chicken?:D

TiggerCCW UK 03-19-2009 04:37 PM

I would put it closer to nice lean beef. Had it a few years ago, and ostrich. Both very tasty.

Mohoender 03-19-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiggerCCW UK
I would put it closer to nice lean beef. Had it a few years ago, and ostrich. Both very tasty.

I agree, I had quite a lot over the past few months.

Legbreaker 03-19-2009 07:48 PM

Got to be careful with roo meat though, or any wild meat for that matter.
It's usually packed full of parasites....

Targan 03-19-2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legbreaker

Only a problem if you don't cook it properly.

Legbreaker 03-19-2009 10:29 PM

Yes, but when the cooking process shows masses of worms, etc wriggling their way out of the meat, it sort of turns you off wanting to eat it....

Targan 03-19-2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Yes, but when the cooking process shows masses of worms, etc wriggling their way out of the meat, it sort of turns you off wanting to eat it....

Actually yes, that would cause me to rethink my dinner plans.

TiggerCCW UK 03-20-2009 12:32 AM

Quote:

Wasn't a problem for me - I bought mine from Sainsburys.

Mohoender 03-20-2009 01:23 AM

Not a problem for me either. The imported ones have to come through several controls.:cool: