RPG Forums

RPG Forums (http://forum.juhlin.com/index.php)
-   Twilight 2000 Forum (http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Member's Thread (http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=293)

Medic 01-09-2013 11:54 PM

What the two esteemed gentlemen (or the kangaroo and the esteemed gentleman) said. :p As for the 2k13 campaign - who do I have to promise my left nut to in order to get in? :D

comped 01-17-2013 12:08 PM

Well, guess I better jump on in!

I'm comped. If you wonder, I'm in the eastern half on the US. High school student (currently). Mostly I'm focused on theater/play writing, but I've read a fair bit of the t2k/2013 modules/core books. I have several ideas for source books jumping around in me head, which I will find time to write down and share. Never ever played t2k/2013 though.

comped

.45cultist 02-04-2013 07:58 PM

I quickly dropped DnD for the 1st T2K. I'm currently trying to use V2.2 and the civvy careers and gear from T2K13. I've known of Paul Mulcahy's site for ever. My idea was to have a military campaign and "Homefront" featuring a NG unit abroad and thier families back home. I'm trying to find the many scattered notes.....;)

Olefin 02-05-2013 10:06 AM

great idea - cant wait to see more posts from you

.45cultist 02-05-2013 09:08 PM

I thought that the Mexican drive towards Arkansas and Louisiana allowed the U.S. characters combat experience.

Targan 02-05-2013 10:05 PM

Welcome to the forum, .45cultist :D

Olefin 02-06-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .45cultist (Post 53360)
I thought that the Mexican drive towards Arkansas and Louisiana allowed the U.S. characters combat experience.

I assume you mean US characters that never went to Europe, Korea, Kenya or the RDF?

If so they could earn it for the fighting in Texas, AZ, CA and Alaska as well - so you could draw them from quite a lot of areas in the US and have them be combat veterans just from the fighting here.

.45cultist 02-07-2013 08:18 PM

I forgot to add 5TH ID(M) dependents, which puts the closest front in Texas. If one uses a later timeline, the PC's could be retired T2K era soldiers.

Wolf sword 02-28-2013 06:04 PM

Hey everyone, thought I would say hi.
Bit of a background, played back in the day v1 & v2 now looking to get back in to gaming. I was on the T:2013 board (went under the handle: Kilt & Jump boots)
Real life stuff: work in a woodworking store (one of the other hobbies) and the other job is TV production work (camera operator)
I'm also an reenactor 1630 Scottish and also WW2 US airborne.
I see I can find some of the NPC ideas that I posted on the T2013 board and repost them here.

later.

FPSlover 03-01-2013 05:55 AM

Hello all, I am a new member but a long time lurker. A bit of a background; I have play version 2.2 but also a little 1.0. I hope that I can contribute to this great community. Real life; High school student, avid PC gamer (total war series, Civilization series, Minecraft). Anyway I hope that I can help contribute to this great community and I hope to see you all around on the site!.

Cdnwolf 03-01-2013 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf sword (Post 53683)
Hey everyone, thought I would say hi.
Bit of a background, played back in the day v1 & v2 now looking to get back in to gaming. I was on the T:2013 board (went under the handle: Kilt & Jump boots)
Real life stuff: work in a woodworking store (one of the other hobbies) and the other job is TV production work (camera operator)
I'm also an reenactor 1630 Scottish and also WW2 US airborne.
I see I can find some of the NPC ideas that I posted on the T2013 board and repost them here.

later.

I remember you from the TWL 2013 forum... welcome!!

Wolf sword 03-01-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cdnwolf (Post 53687)
I remember you from the TWL 2013 forum... welcome!!

I hope that's a good thing.

DaemNoctus 08-14-2013 02:42 AM

well played 2000 starting about 86 till around 96
found my old books a month ago or so
found out about 2013 and have found the core rules and addendum looking too start a 2013 game soon

Olefin 08-16-2013 08:20 AM

For the new members there are several Twilight 2000 games going on online that you could join. I know of at least two myself and there are lots of others. If you are interested I bet you would find several opportunities to put your skills to good use.

CDAT 08-21-2013 01:10 PM

Thought that I would say Hi as I am new here. I spent twenty years in the Army due to needs of the Army had the chance to try different jobs, but spent most of the last half as 89D. Currently work as a FLEO. Never played TW2000 much but love the setting.

rcaf_777 08-22-2013 11:29 AM

Great welcome aborad

what a FLEO? a google fu is as good as it used be :(

89D is EOD right?

CDAT 08-22-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcaf_777 (Post 55833)
Great welcome aborad

what a FLEO? a google fu is as good as it used be :(

89D is EOD right?

89D is EOD, FLEO Federal Law Enforcement Officer.

Kaeso 09-10-2013 08:09 AM

Hello, new member from Switzerland. Long time role player (AD&D, Shadowrun and other) but my sole experience with TW2K is the computer game I found some years ago. Bought some books from the V.1 and must have a PDF from TW2013 (somewhere). Kind of prefer the original setting as it suits my childhood memories of the 80's. My background : I used to be deployed for peacekeeping operations in the Balkans and Africa as a LEO and for the (Swiss) army.

Targan 09-10-2013 11:56 PM

Welcome to the forum, Kaeso. You're our first Swiss member. Be prepared for lots of questions!

Kaeso 09-12-2013 08:44 AM

Thanks ! Well I will be more than glad to answer. I noticed that Cyclist units were discussed and Switzerland had cyclist battalions back then. We disbanded our Dragoons (Shock infantry on horseback) in 1972 and we still have packhorse units. :)

SGTDan 09-12-2013 09:21 PM

Hello fair people of the interwebs! As I write this my group is working out how the system and it's pretty rough. We're hoping it gets easier as we move on.

Targan 09-12-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGTDan (Post 56236)
Hello fair people of the interwebs! As I write this my group is working out how the system and it's pretty rough. We're hoping it gets easier as we move on.

Welcome to the forum, SGTDan. Which system are you working with?

SGTDan 09-12-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Targan (Post 56237)
Welcome to the forum, SGTDan. Which system are you working with?

2.2 currently, I forgot to add that I joined to contribute my knowledge and average IQ. That aside one member is having an issue with recoil.

max_vale 03-04-2014 07:41 PM

Hello everyone!

I'm Max; I'm a big fan of gaming (board games and RPGs); and allthough I only have a very limited experience playing T2K (one game of 1st Edition back in the mid 80s; and more recently running a d6 version of the game); I've been familiar with the game for a long time.

While in the home games I ran I used the d6 system (at the time I only had the 1st Edition; I have since acquired the 2nd edition and I'm interested in trying it out at some point int he future) and I also modified the timeline and storyline a little bit.....for example; I had no war between the USSR and China; instead I had them ally with each other; but that's another story!

Anyway; I'm glad to have found this site and in particular; I like to read about the actual game sessions and campaigns that people have played/are playing.

Thanks for running a great site and I'm happy to have found it!

-Max

Raellus 03-05-2014 12:00 PM

Welcome to the forum, Max. We have years of archived discussions that can be accessed via the forum map, and you can always jump into current discussions. Let us know if you need help finding anything. Cheers.

SionEwig 03-07-2014 09:18 PM

Hi Folks,

I've been playing T2K off and on since it first came out in 85. I recognize a number of names her from various old forums (like the old Web RPG Town Hall) and Yahoo mailing lists. I hope to get ideas and inspiration for various PA scenerios.

Helak 03-10-2014 07:08 AM

Hi,
Just got hold of the PDF's of the T2K books. I only got to play a couple of a long time ago but always liked the setting. Played a lot of other games D&D, shadowrun, the terrible but easily accesable Palladium games, Cyberspace, Aliens, Dragon Warriors the list gets a little out of hand. But that happens when you play RPG's for years.

Liking alot of what I've had time to see on the forum so far.

socom242 03-18-2014 03:48 PM

Greetings all!
Been playing RPG’s since ’79, and I’ve always had a warm fuzzy spot for T2K. Just recently the nostalgia bug hit me and I rekindled my affection for this game. I got into the 2nd edition, but I have the 1st Edition modules and source material. I’m just about to start a campaign using the whole 1st edition “Vistula Epic” [Free City of Krakow, Pirates of the Vistula, Ruins of Warsaw, Black Madonna, & Going Home]. Hope to hit you up for some tips, and if my game kicks off, I’ll post some updates.
Till then, take care everyone!
:D

shrike6 05-25-2014 07:52 PM

Greetings from the Civgov heartland,
While I'm not a new member per se, I thought since its been so long I needed to reintroduce myself. I'm shrike6 or you can call me Brian. I've played Twilight on and off since the late 80s and was a part of the WebRPG forums back in the day. I've also played Dark Conspiracy, D&D and have played other games too. I like military history and am responsible for a handful of pieces in the archives of this forum.

Raellus 05-25-2014 08:55 PM

Welcome back, Shrike6. And welcome to new members Socom242, Helak, and SionEwig.