RPG Forums

RPG Forums (http://forum.juhlin.com/index.php)
-   Archive (http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Webstral (http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=1515)

kato13 01-21-2010 08:36 PM

Webstral

shrike6 01-16-2004, 11:33 AM I was wondering if you have a master index of your narratives and the order in which they should be read.

Webstral 01-16-2004, 05:26 PM They should be read in the order in which they were posted, with one caveat. All the Germany material comes after the Sino-Soviet War.

I wrote an introduction (titled "Introduction") that talks about war coming to Europe in 1996. I then wrote a very brief summary of Cold War history called "Cold War Brief" that takes the reader to the point at which v1 Twilight: 2000 history diverges from the history of the real world: the fall of the Berlin Wall.

Following "Cold War Brief" is "War in the Persian Gulf", which details how the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait and subsequent Operations Desert Shield and Storm occurred even with a new regime in the Kremlin.

After "War in the Persian Gulf" are the various installments of "Soviet Reform", which describes Danilov's efforts to reshape and rebuild the Soviet economy and society, and which takes us through the first half of the 1990's and to the brink of war with China.

"The Sino-Soviet War" in its various installments takes the reader from a review of the reasons behind the war through the initial stages of the invasion. This section ends with the winding down of OPERATION RED WILLOW and the start of the more static winter war.

"International Reaction to the Sino-Soviet War" should be read after "The Sino-Soviet War", even though much of the material is contemporaneous with the fighting in Manchuria.

Everything I've written can be put more-or-less in chronological order. I haven't gotten to the point where I can tie the Sino-Soviet War into the war in Germany. When I do, the focus of my narrative will move away from the Far East and into Europe and other places where American troops are fighting.

Webstral

dawg180 02-11-2004, 11:44 AM Do you plan to have a website or .pdf of all your stuff (hell, a novella???) anytime soon? I love reading it, comes off liek a good historical narrative, but I don't always cathc every "chapter" when posted...

Dawg

Webstral 02-12-2004, 01:24 PM Thanks, Dawg!

I hadn't given the matter much thought lately, to be honest. My goal now is to get to the end of the purely Sino-Soviet phase of the war. Then I can start re-writing the Germany section. Then I can switch to covering the US entry into the war. Then I can cover the war in Scandinavia, then the Gulf, then Korea.... [Stop! Stop! Will it ever stop?]

Webstral

dawg180 02-16-2004, 01:02 PM Webstral,

Your writing is well thought out and researched and in a nutshell seriously good stuff. I think is would make a great psuedo history book or a good novel when done. At the very least when it is all done PLEASE turn it into a .pdf novel so that we can download it and read it!

Jason Weiser 02-16-2004, 04:00 PM Web,

I know a free way to create PDF files, I can send you the program. It's called Cute PDF, all you do is "print" the word or .txt document as a PDF file rather than to the printer, and voila! Instant PDF. It's free and I can send it, or I can dig up the link where I got it and send that?