RPG Forums

RPG Forums (http://forum.juhlin.com/index.php)
-   Twilight 2000 Forum (http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Anyone looking for a game? (http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=2283)

guncrazy 05-18-2010 02:30 PM

Anyone looking for a game?

I've wanted to play this ever since I played the old PC game 15 years ago! Trouble is I know no one who plays and its hard to find a group online. Is anyone using any of the rpg programs like openrpg or fantasy grounds to run a twilight 2000 game? I would love to play as it looks like a lot of fun!

copeab 05-18-2010 02:50 PM

I've tested out ScreenMonkey and MapTool over the past month, but I haven't run anything with either. SM is easy to use and requires the players only use their browsers. However, it's $35 (for the GM/host only) and has somewhat limited capabilities. MT has a lot more options and is free, but everyone has to download the program (the same version, no less) and it's a lot more fiddly to use. In both cases, the GM runs his computer as a server that the players log on to,

Raellus 05-18-2010 06:41 PM

There are several play-by-games going on over on rpol.net.

Gabe The Gun 05-19-2010 01:56 AM

Which edition?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raellus (Post 22533)
There are several play-by-games going on over on rpol.net.

Yes sir i would have to support this recomendation, RPOL.NET is your gift of prayer. You can run a game online as well as combine it with FTF if you like.
What edition are you thinking of playing? I'll probably be game, and might even be able to bring a few fellas to the virtual table.

guncrazy 05-23-2010 12:04 PM

Hmm Not sure what edition...I guess the original? BTW what's FTF?

jester 05-23-2010 01:52 PM

FTF is "Face to Face" meaning the traditional method of gaming which alas, is rather rare these days.

Most games are run "PBEM" or "Play Be Email" or "Play By Post" which is what the majority of the games on RPOL and the Yahoo Groups are. And then you have some that are played by Instant Mesanger of Chat Room, these are some of beter option for online play when you can't get a traditional campaign going. The down side is the location of all of your players and finding a time to coordinate the sessions. It makes it hard when some players are in Oz, California, Hawaii, Norway, Ireland, Missouri and Floridia as well as other points of the globe or time zones.

pmulcahy11b 05-23-2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guncrazy (Post 22791)
BTW what's FTF?

It's what happens when you've eaten a lot of beans but the gas is trapped in your colon -- "Failure to Fart.":D

jester 05-23-2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b (Post 22809)
It's what happens when you've eaten a lot of beans but the gas is trapped in your colon -- "Failure to Fart.":D

Sounds painful Paul. I hope you have a good supply of beano or at the very least anti gas tablets or the liquid :p

pmulcahy11b 05-23-2010 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jester (Post 22810)
Sounds painful Paul. I hope you have a good supply of beano or at the very least anti gas tablets or the liquid :p

I always have a good supply of Phazyme on hand, for both me and one of my dogs, Sam. He can get bad enough that he'll wake you up from a deep sleep if he's in the same room.

It has to be something about Labs. Shadow had the same problem, and the same kind of delicate stomach. We now give Sam a regular dose of a probiotic called Fortiflora, and it helps a lot.

guncrazy 07-24-2010 06:42 PM

I would like to find a game where I make a PC...Im in a t2k game on Rpol and its alot of fun! Just itichin to try the game out fully.