View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 05:56 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Grimace Send a message via AIM to Grimace Send a message via Yahoo to Grimace

I ran a game on the island of Cyprus and utilized some pieces of artillery. If I remember right, there were three operable pieces that the Turks were using against the Greeks. The prime movers stayed right with the artillery pieces because the section was to hit a known spot with about 15 shells and then vacate the area so when the Greeks sortied out the artillery section wouldn't be wiped out.

The PCs ended up stumbling across the section as it opened fire and were stunned by the use of artillery. Recognizing the Turkish uniforms, they decided to do a quick hit and run on the prime movers and hope that it helped the Greeks out a bit. I think they successfully disabled two of the prime movers and hurried onwards towards the British base. They never knew what happened to the Turkish artillery after that.

Beyond that, it's been an occasional mortar, but even then it's pretty sparce. The last group to see any major artillery action was a group that I ran DURING the death of 5th Infantry Division in Kalisz.