View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
When was this developed?
If it was after 1997 and you're using 1.0 or 2.0/2.2 timelines, chances are it's still barely somebody's fantasy.
Development year was 1998 with help from GIAT industries (Cocorico). As a result, this should be somebody's fantasy (the game designer's fentasy as a matter of fact if my memory is not betraying me).

I know that many among us like to have some kind of realistic setting (count me among them) but that's what is nice about RPG, they leave room for fantasy. The questions were: is it possible? and is it worth it?. Leg, I agree with you (and mean no offense), it could be somebody's fantasy but so are many vehicles depicted in the various sourcebooks (I rule many out and first among them: the LAV-75).

The answers are:
It is possible! If that was done only in 1998 is not a problem of technology (GIAT industries had a 120mm gun in the early 80's and the autoloader seems to remain the original one with some changes to adapt the new caliber) but a problem of history. IRL, only Ukraine had a true interest in that project. In the case of T2K, Germany could have been interested (at least in v2.2). Highly unlikely in v1.0 IMO.

However, I'm not sure if it's worth it. From what I read in all our posts both side have strong points behind them. Therefore, it up to the GM choice.