View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 05:09 AM

Good write up. I can appreciate the effort thats gone into it!

Some comments
The writing didnt strike me as anything out of the ordinary until families committing suicide was mentioned. As a reader I thought that bumped up the care factor a bit.

I live in Australia and don't have an opinion on the man. But it seems like President Bush is being criticised throught. I dont know if that was the intent or not. My guess is any president in charge when reanimation occurs is going to be taken by surprise. Or maybe this reflects the on-going news report the text has taken on (more on this below).

Half way through reading it, as a member of the public. I was behaving calmly and rationally. No panic. But after about half way, i started to think the news reports calling for calm were a crock and as a citizen i was going to look after myself because i stopped believing the government had the situation under control. Maybe this is why i thought it was being critical of Bush. Or maybe the writing was good enough to make me think i was living the scenario. And despite calls for calm, i thought the situation was out of control! Memo to self: be ready when the time comes. You wont have the luxury of days to get used to the idea.

Calling for nuclear strikes within the USA ... well .... thats extreme .... but yeah, GO already! This thing is spreading fast!!

Summary
Lots of work. Admire the commitment.
As a read, it was mainly just a series of "news reports" like you might see at the start of a DVD setting the scene.
I was hoping for more of a zombie story, but thats not what you said it was going to be. I thought after seeing how long it was, it was more a short story.
Suicides and nuclear strikes were good ideas.
It would help set a scene for a zombie like game.