View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
Yes, it's possible, even probable that more than nine warships still exist, but refering back to canon material, it states by 2001, the navy "effectively ceased to exist".
It's probable that the Persian Gulf fleet still existed in 2001, perhaps, as I've previously indicated less a ship or two, but elsewhere in the world the navy may amount to nothing more than a badly damaged corvette, minesweeper, or LST or two. Once again we refer to canon in that the last major fleet was shattered even BEFORE nukes were used in China.
Agreed. I argue that we should try to make any amendments to remaining forces etc fit canon, not try to make canon fit with sweeping changes to remaining forces that are being proposed. Having large numbers of US warships cruising around in 2001 in the T2K universe just doesn't fit with the spirit and the "feel" of what the original designers of T2K gave us. If the reasons that the designers gave for the fleet being destroyed aren't good enough, find additional reasons, not just say that there are heaps more warships. How is it that MilGov does not utterly dominate CivGov and all its remaining enemies if it has such a huge post-war fleet available? It just doesn't sit well with me.