View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 10:48 AM

Location: Somewhere in the Eastern U.P. on the edge of Civilization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13 View Post
I am glad there are such varying opinions, as it validates my original inability to come to a conclusion.

My original post was about small arms, but I dont mind the drift. I guess images of tanks crushing Ak-47s and Rpgs during the Iraq conflict is what started me thinking about this. Thought total warfare and anti insurgency operations might be apples and oranges.

Since we have drifted onto vehicles two things about trucks. Ones that arrive at the front full will generally be returning to the rear areas empty. Perhaps captured small arms and munitions would go along on that return trip, for use is support of the NVA or even China or Allied forces in the middle east.

Secondly, I don't think captured trucks would be destroyed. While larger more complicated weapons systems might not be worth the hassle, captured trucks would be relatively easy to maintain and use.
If a shooting war started in Europe. An truck that isn't destroyed would be pressed into service by whomever had current 'Ownership' due to the fact, that what most Logistical people would predict would get the job done. Well let's us say they daydream quite a bit.

Honestly I don't see much of anything leaving Europe except maybe larger capture vehicles.

1. The obvious is the Germans would like the stuff to help re-supply certain ex NVA units.

2. Green Beanies, SAS, and SEALs along with any other forces going behind Pact lines to train partisans need to get hardware. Let's see they are operating behind Pact lines so it make only sense so they should be able to acquire more supplies locally.