View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spielmeister
Wow Mohoender, looks like you guys play/run lethal games judging from the bodycount. I should learn from you guys. I seem to be a bit too 'nice' to my players of late (not that anyone is complaining). But I notice that a reasonable degree of lethality always brings out the best in a player....
The problem is to reach the good balance. With AD&D the lethality is too high and doesn't help the game anymore. However, we make fun of the GM, pointing out that none of us ever saw the end of one his game.

For my part, I'm not all forgiving but the casualty rate of the Star wars game I sited was high. Nevertheless, it was justified. The team had to assassinate someone (an arm dealer) but, instead of entering the house and killing the guy, they chose to blow up the building (one of them bright idea) in the middle of an Imperial army base with a full navy group orbiting the planet. Saddly for them, the basement was full of explosives and the time on the charge they set up was too small (1 minute only) and they didn't have enough time to take cover (they let the bright guy do all the job ). In the game that ended with the Empire winning they put the mission on hold to save one of their comrade, they should have finished the mission first. As a result, they failed and the guy died anyway. If you forget to play with your brain you die. In T2K, that's even worse of course.

Last edited by Mohoender; 10-28-2008 at 01:04 AM.