Thread: Another Jackass
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 11:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbott Shaull View Post
By all accounts it is another glaring problem with the system. The left hand knew, but somehow forgot to tell the right hand what was going on.

It will continue to be a problem until people get their shit together and not keep their own stovepipe separate lists.

Yeah, I think we have all played situation in our games, that would in RL cause attacks. There is also unsettle calmness still here in the US, and we slipped into it can't happen here attitude. Even though we have seen it happen. The sad thing is we have been more or less been at war with various group/flavor of the month since early 1980s. For the most part the government glosses it over so as not to cause panic.

Oh well, maybe someday people will wake up. I hope it doesn't take another day of several attacks with in short time span to give a wake up call. These groups have had low profiles for the past couple years. Looks as if they are still out there.
What really gets me... is that political pundits keep throwing up Timothy McVeigh and the 'domestic terrorist' bombing in OKC as evidence that not all terrorists are islamic extremists. And want to call it the worst terrorist attack on American soil. It's like they are ignoring that glaringly obvious hole in the NCY skyline and the nearly 3000 people killed (and the fact that if the attack had taken place only a half-hour to hour later it would have been over ten-thousand people killed).

I am so scared that it's going to take another 9/11 to cause the American people to start slaping down those who want to play partisan politics with this threat.

Because NO ONE seems to be talking about the fact that none of the countermeasures that has been set up (or being put into place because of this) had worked to stop an attack, it was passengers and dumb luck that had stopped this fool on Christmas day.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.