View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 08:07 PM

Location: Somewhere in the Eastern U.P. on the edge of Civilization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
I think this actually supports the Admiral's theory. If NATO believed that most of the Polish units in the north were looking for a fait accompli to turn on the Soviets, it would be worth the gamble. After securing the Baltic coast and the loyalty of the Polish units there, the combined forces would be in a good position to hit the comparitively stronger Soviet forces in western Poland in their long and newly exposed right flank. This alone could prompt the Soviets to pull back, or at least keep them from attacking the weaker NATO forces around Berlin.

There is historical precedent for switching sides during war. It's not that far fetched. During WWII, Romania switched sides, jumping the sinking Axis ship to fight alongside the Soviets whom they'd been fighting against previously. The Italians pulled a similar move. The Finns too, went back and forth a couple of times.

Also, perhaps the PFC provided NATO with the intel surrounding RESET. Part of the 5th ID's seemingly random drive south was aimed at assisting, indirectly at least, in the capture of RESET. I've heard mention that canon hints at this somewhere, although, honestly, I don't know where.
I think the part where it hits at is the back ground both in the Black Madonna and Free City of Krakow. Black Madonna explains B Troop/116th being where they are at. In the Free City of Krakow if the group came across of the shot up SF team they would be warn of Sgt C..... Who claimed to the team he was from the 5th, and led them into an ambush and now the marauder/gang he works with has RESET project paper and what not....