View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Pain View Post
I am thinking of trying out Operation Flashpoint 2 however - apart from that my nick is General Rudolph Pain
Don't do it man. You'll be horribly disappointed. Same situation with Op Flashpoint 2 Dragon Rising (no dedicated servers) but even worse than MW2 since OFDR actually says on the back of the box "Dedicated host server recommended for optimum performance". Code Masters (the publisher of Op Flashpoint 2 Dragon Rising) decided after they had released the game not to have dedicated servers and also not to released the Software Development Kit as they had previously promised.

There are heaps of bugs and things mising that were in the original Op Flashpoint. No free look in vehicles, really odd head height from the ground, enemies can see straight through light cover at long draw distances. And Code Masters has been really slow in bringing out fix patches. To date there have been only two for consoles and one (ONE!) fix patch for the PC version. Oh, and its graphics engine is years out of date. I pre-ordered OFDR just like I pre-ordered MW2. Don't I feel like a fool.

ARMA2 is better than Op Flashpoint 2 Dragon Rising. I recommend going with that if you like modern combat realism. I've become quite adept at piloting choppers in ARMA 2. It takes quite a bit of practice. I have a TrackIR 5 system that tracks the motion of my head and the vehicles in ARMA 2 have virtual cockpits so it is a joy for me to play. ARMA 2 is made by the same people that made Op Flashpoint 1. ARMA 2 is really the spiritual successor to Op Flashpoint 2, its just that the rights to that name were sold to Code Masters.

Once again I highly recommend checking out the trailers for Battlefield Bad Company 2 at http://www.ea.com/games/battlefield-bad-company-2

Oh, and for a look at how the TrackIR system works in ARMA 2 check this video out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wXx3vMy_AQ

Last edited by Targan; 01-28-2010 at 03:07 AM.