View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 07:23 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

gstitz 09-10-2008, 06:10 AM Keith,

Thanks for the reply.

I have joined the Studio 93 forums already and am FAR more impressed with them than with "life"...

I even have the same signature line...

Law0369 09-10-2008, 10:07 AM 93 studios gave me a bad taste in my mouth from day one. they dissed alot of people on here. not all were dissed just some they know what they did and who they did it too. I will not be involed in anything they have to offer until they tell me why.

smokewolf 09-10-2008, 10:11 AM they know what they did and who they did it too

Actually I don't, so please feel free to enlighten me so that I might make any amends necessary.

Nowhere Man 1966 09-10-2008, 10:46 AM Well, I'm over at RPGlife and Antenna's forum, I plan to go to 93's soon and Kato's. The bad thing about RPGlife is that it is more catered to fantasy/AD&D types, I sort of have gotten away from it since I like games that take place in the late 20th and early 21st Centuries or use that base to start off on like Morrow Project, I can relate to them better since that is the world we live in.

Chuck M.

P.S. - Shame this place is closing or moving. I still liked the old board better.

jasonlips 09-11-2008, 12:10 PM I will be around RPGlife and also Ant's site. Nothing short of T2008 will kill T2000. Nothing can kill it. What really matters is what pops up when you punch "Forum Twilight 2000" in Google.

kato13 09-11-2008, 05:20 PM I will be around RPGlife and also Ant's site. Nothing short of T2008 will kill T2000. Nothing can kill it. What really matters is what pops up when you punch "Forum Twilight 2000" in Google.

I am adjusting my META tags (the site description used by google for classifications) to hopefully move me up the Google tree. I have been watching them index the site so it should happen soon.

I am also going to try to attract Morrow Project people, but I am going to give them their own forum.

Cross links (linnks from other sites) help Google ranking as well so if anyone wants to link to my forum please do. Oh I have removed my family forum so you can just link to http://forum.juhlin.com

edit. It might take a few days until I show up on Google. I may need to upgrade the forum software to get the best search engine optimization. I will keep an eye on things and keep trying to move my forum up the ladder.

Grimace 09-11-2008, 07:39 PM Actually, I learned from my own site, Google doesn't really rely on META tags for its ranking. It's based on several things, but META isn't one of them. Visits is certainly a determinator, though. So the more visits you get, the higher up on the Google search engine you'll go.

Mind you, I know that META tags don't have a bearing because I don't have ANY META tags for my site and when you type the general subject in, it comes up on the list higher and higher each month. Plus, now, when I type in the name of the site, it actually comes up first instead of page 6 like it used to.

So just be patient with Google. META tags might work on other search engines and that will help people go there and visit more, which will boost you in Google.

kato13 09-11-2008, 08:59 PM Yeah you are right about metas. I have not doen SEO (search engine optimization) in a while and I guess Google realized that people could cheat the meta based system pretty easily. I do know that cross links still help as I believe being clicked on within a Google search result.