Thread: Twilight 2013
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
First off, let me thank you for introducing me to a cartridge that I'd never heard of before.

Now, to address your main point- You don't have to shoot someone in the head with a pistol to kill them instantly. If a pistol bullet hits the aorta or the heart, death is nearly instant. If both lungs collapse, death will follow pretty soon after. If the TW2013 rules don't address these very plausible possibilities, then they need a bit of a rewrite (i.e. erratta).

That said, I'd really like to take a good close look at the 2013 rules. I've heard lots of good things about them. I'm just not sure if I want to pay full price for a system I may not end up using.
Don't forget shock, its a real killer.
Also of note the .454 will also fire 45 long colt rounds. Actully a better Big Revolver would be the S&W .460 magnum, it will fire .460 magnum, .454 casul, and .45 long colt ammo. That being said, they are revolvers and even it one starts with a limited supply of ammo, they could easily be reloaded, as is in the later parts of the war allot of ammo. You could possible in a pinch, load .45 bullets in them, though those are light bullets. It would not be hard to have a bullet mold made to cast your own bullets for the pistol, you would use rifle primers anyway and powder well you could even use black powder, but that might degrade performance a bit. Revolvers are also easier to keep tract of ones brass, when you unload you just stick the empty brass in a pouch. A semi-auto or automatic throws the brass all over the place and one does not always have time to pick up your brass in some area of hostile occupation.

I would never waist the weight carry capacity for such a big honking piece of metal myself, I would rather carry extra ammo for my main weapon (usually my only weapon).