View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 10:22 AM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
I heard an interview this morning on NPR with Sebastian Junger, author of A Perfect Storm, about his new book, War. It's about an American platoon manning a remote outpost in Afghanistan that endured near constant combat for several months. It sounds really interesting and I really enjoyed his earlier work. I usually wait for books to come out in paperback but I may end up springing for this one.

Anyone here read it already?
I just watched a DVRed episode of Real Time with Bill Maher, who had an interview with Sebastian Junger the Friday before last -- the man talks and acts like a veteran even though he's a journalist, and he's deeply impressed and has considerable respect for the soldiers he spent time with. He plainly said he doesn't ever want to go back to Afghanistan, because he doesn't think he has the courage to do it again, and he admires the guts of those who go back again and again. I was impressed with him -- I'll have to go find his book.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com