View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 06:37 PM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

Quote:
Originally Posted by helbent4 View Post
If they'd have ever gotten the vehicle combat system and other rules sorted out I would have like to have given the Reflex rules a shot for my T2K game. Background aside, there was a lot of cool detail there.
FYI, it's not a complete rewrite, but one of the last pieces I released on the 93GS forums included an errata pack for the vehicle rules. It's also in the manuscript for Driver's Guide: Czech Your Engine (http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=2361).

Quote:
If one (or more) of the gun books had been dropped and a sourcebook or two updating T2K to the Reflex system been added it would have been worth it, or at least made better use of the licence.
Aside from some equipment conversions and possibly a reduction in the availability of the Computing skill, I think Reflex is completely usable with the T2k setting. That was, in fact, one of my primary design objectives. What would you say is missing?

Quote:
(I don't know about the "Cold War" gun book, so maybe that was their nod to previous editions?)
Not really. Cold Warriors came about because I have a C&R license and wanted to stat out some of the stuff that I've reserved space in the safe for. After I ran the numbers on a few rifles, I realized I had another possible theme for a Shooter's Guide PDF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahatatain View Post
I think that it is sad that T2013 has ceased but I think that some decisions were made by 93 Games Studio that made the success of the game unlikely.
You say "93 Games Studio" like the company is a massive entity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahatatain View Post
3. Their business model seems to focus around people purchasing pdf versions rather than actual books in most countries and that seems wrong to me. Most gamers (and the majority of T2k fans) are "older" gamers and are more likely to spend the money for a good quality hardback book (which is what they produced in some markets) rather than a pdf. None of the supplements were ever more than pdfs though (I believe).
Like it or not (and I, personally, do not like the trend), I fear it's the way the industry is headed. PDF publication eliminates a massive amount of cost from the product and cuts several months off the back end of the production schedule, as well as allowing rapid distribution of errata/updates.

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson

Last edited by Tegyrius; 10-30-2010 at 07:17 PM.