View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Volunteer Timeline Errata Coord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzemer View Post
WOW, you can never know what surprises you're going to find when you Google your own name

I didn't know my program is still being used today, I was sure that computer games killed traditional RPGā€¦
I developed it about 10 years ago.
And I was working on implementing more AD&D 2E modules (like character generator and inventory management), but then Baldur's Gate came out and I dropped the development, seeing I can't compete with progress (and 3rd edition D&D was around the corner anyway).
Maybe I should repost DRD?
If you guys think I should give it a polish, I might just do that.

Waiting to hear from you.
Bzemer,

Wow indeed!

It's fantastic to hear from you. Indeed, sit-down RPGs are still being played. A friend of mine says that depending on how you look at it the numbers indicate there are more players than ever but the hobby is so fragmented you'll never see the day when one game will dominate the market like D&D did in its heyday. Well, I guess it still does to an extent, but you know what I mean.

For that matter, few "dead" games are really all that dead, especially on the net. Doing a quick search of active games on rpol.net, I see there are at least a few that are running with the AD&D 2nd edition rules.

At any rate, I would love to have a copy of your program. I run Play-by-Email/Play-by-post games and although I have a collection of dice by my computer, finding the space and rolling can sometimes be a real pain. I'm sure someone else with better computer skills could do the polishing!

Tony