View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 07:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

You also have to remember that Bruce E. Morrow was extremely adamant against the building of Prime Base because he KNEW it was going to fail. It says so in the Prime Base module. He did not want it built, but the Council for Tomorrow built Prime Base during one of his forays into the future. And when he got back, prime base was under construction and all he could do was fume about it. To make him happy the Council allowed him to put together the PHOENIX Team, a team that many have seen as a death squad. But they aren't. They are Bruce's ace in the hole as it were. A team of special forces operators who are dedicated to the US Constitution and the ideals of the Project... And know that if someone in (our out) of the Project become a treat to the Constitution, they can deal with it (goes back to the US Armed Forces oath to protect & defend the US Constitution against all enemies foreign & domestic).

Seeing Bruce as a cold and callus man is kind of... well, wrong. All of the modules and source material showed Bruce as being a kind and compassionate man, and one who tried to set the project up in a way that the loss of Prime Base wouldn't totally screw the pooch as it where, and it would still be able to do the right thing when the time comes.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.