View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 11:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Something I've been thinking about... When a volunteer joins the Morrow Project, they would look forward to their retirement after the Project has done it's monumental task. Many of the volunteers would have something in their lives that they would not want to just loose (family heirlooms and the like).

Thus I had always allowed for the PCs to come up with the kinds of personal belongings that would be for their HOMES when the project is over. And all this stuff would be stored in a cache along with building materials so they could build their new homes when everything was done and over with.

The way I've been thinking of setting up the supply caches using the ideas started by Kato has given me a lot of ideas for doing something like this.

My question is this.. would it be better for each team member to be given a cargo container of their own, or have all of the personal belongings put into cargo containers as needed?

One of the reasons i ask this, is for those volunteers who had beloved pets (or family) that they did not wish to be parted from. I had always felt that those who are married with children would have their families placed in Cryo with the agricultural or medical teams where they would work as 'general support' personnel since the Project tried to keep everything in the family.

Another idea would be a secondary bolthole holding loved ones and pets... or even have that secondary bolthole being the location of the cache holding all of their personal belongings and the materials for building homes.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.