View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 02:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashal View Post
this will probably get me kicked but have you really read prime base .... every time Bruce is listed in the book he is shown as supporting prime base btw that would be page 8 6th paragraph , page 10 11th paragraph ,and page 72 6th paragraph these are the only mentions of Bruce any where in the module

as for the Phoenix teams please read page 72 the breakdown of the requirements for the team , then page 73 paragraph 5 for what type of people you are dealing with.

what you are saying is conjecture and not canon i made a point that these are my thoughts on bruce but you are treating me like i have blasphemed for my ideas ,if the canon material was a little heavier on the fluff of the background then you make the claims you are making , but its not and slamming people for their ideas is not how you win supporters of yours for a long time i thought a lot of the ideas presented here where good ones but its obvious that you have come to the opinion that only your view point is right and we are all wrong .

i am sorry if this upsets you but i do not like being told that i am wrong when the published facts back me up.

If you claim to know every thing and then tell people they are wrong have your facts right. otherwise you get fubars like this
Actually I have read the damn thing multiple times, and ran the module three times for three different groups.

And you are definitely the pot calling the kettle black.

NO WHERE in any of the books does it describe Morrow as a heartless bastard as you have been portraying him in your posts.

And the module write-up does describe Phoenix Team as a SOCOM type group. Because one of those groups i ran through Prime Base, had a US Navy SEAL Chief Petty Officer, A US Army Special Forces Staff Sergeant and a US Air Force Combat Controller Technical Sergeant on it. And when i let them read the write-up for the Phoenix Team after we played he game they STRESSED that Phoenix trains like they did, wish they did not have to use the skills they have trained so damn hard to get. That when they are deployed they hit hard and fast without mercy. But it doesn't change the fact they are still human, and that they have a desire NOT to have to kill anyone.

A Death Squad is a group of cold blooded killers who go out and kill ANYONE who sees them when they go in and do their bloody work. SOCOM goes in like a scalpel and kills only those that they HAVE TO KILL and get out without anyone seeing them.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.