View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 11:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteelCynic View Post
You need to recognize and fully understand that I am not attacking you just because I have disagreed with the way you see the game but the statement above and your comment to Drashal ("Before you tell ANYONE to go back to school, you need to at least learn to spell.") makes me think that you believe we are trying to belittle/attack you. This is not the case.

I'm happy to argue about the game with you and if we could meet in real life we could shout at each other, grind our teeth, pull out our hair and glare at each other then buy some food or drinks (or both) and realize we are both as interested in the game but just see it in different ways. However, continued name-calling makes that entirely too unlikely and makes this forum a whole lot less pleasant to inhabit.
Arguing the game is not the problem. but having someone who is obviously not taking this as constructive criticism, but making accusations someone needs to go back to school, and making statements that are not backed up by facts to attack me... that is an attack. My statement to go back to school ONLY happened after he made that attack.

I have read all of the books, i've been working on the Morrow Project Sourcebook that details how the Project was suppose to work in the 5 to 10 year timeframe that the project had been planned for. If it seems i've made the project large in my write-ups, it's because the scope of the mission of the project was so damn large.

Finding a way to locate people with the right skills during the 5 to 10 year post-TEOTWAWKI Event, is why i came up with the "Camp-in-a-Box" as it's been called. A way that the project administrators could find people by getting them to register when arriving at the camp (Something FEMA has set up for their relocation camps).

At no point have I stated that the Project is part of the Government, because it's a completely private civilian endeavor that does have connection to SOME people who are in the Executive Branch of the Government. With the time the Project had to get set up, of course someone associated with the Project is going to end up in a position in the Government to act as a way of keeping investigations being launched to FIND the project.

Because face it, anything as large as the Project would draw attention if they aren't careful. Someone is prone to get a wild hair and tell someone in the government or some reporter. It's why there had to be something major for the people to be dedicated to, that they would look past money or anything else to stay in the project.

For the UK, the ideal would be the Monarchy. For the US it's the Constitution. For the other regions/sectors of the Atlantis Project there would be something for each of the groups to focus upon. Something that can be rallied around to rebuild a nation upon.

That building block is different for each group. No one can be used for every nation, or people.

And you are acting like i can wave a wand and get the Atlantis Project published.... but I am sorry that can't do that, no one can. Tim & I talked about what's keeping 4th Edition from coming out. And it's not just a money issue. But it's a simple fact that they don't have the money right now to get it printed because of the way the damn economy is. And that's going to effect everything. I've got an appointment to speak with the owners of the game where I'm going to try to get them to go the PDF and Print-on-Demand route that will help with the costs.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.