View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helbent4 View Post
I don't see a separate religious government...
I'm not in any way advocating that there would be any type of religious government. All I am saying is that religion, both individuals and organisations, will apply political pressure on the various governments to act in a certain way.
This pressure will be more or less effective depending on where in the world it's going on - for example, Islam is going to have a MASSIVE input on policy and actions in Iran while Christianity, specifically Roman Catholism will be behind many of the decisions made in Italy. Over in the Far east, Buddism will shape events while up in the backwoods you might find a cult or three exerting influence on the local authorities.

Industry will also have similar clout with some governments - take the various lobby groups in the US for example. Note that just having money might be enough to exert influence in some countries, provided it's spread around and fills a few otherwise empty pockets.

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem