View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 09:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
The Vatican Library might be something worth defending...perhaps hustled out of town in special trucks in the dead of night.
yup... that fits with what happened in our campaign. The Vatican had evacuated a LOT of the stuff out in the middle of the night via the underground railway they had... They got as much out to scattered locations that they felt would be safe from nukes and looting. And looting was one of the biggest reasons the Pope gave for increasing the security for Papal Properties around the globe (and the growth of the Papal Defense Force).

It was the establishment of that security that provided cover for the arrivals of various priceless artifacts. But also the use of front organizations to purchase land in out of the way areas.

It's why i like the slow build up better.. It gives a lot more RP opportunities. Especially with NATO tasking a group of PCs on a mission like Black Madonna, but all over the globe.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.