View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 10:51 AM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. the 'camp in a box' isn't 'doing it all'... it's something that would allow a team in a pinch to be able to DO SOMETHING. Not everything. Just because you can set up a camp and keep the people fed for three months isn't going to solve all problems.

Hell, doing that actually ties the team down. I came up with the idea for 'Camp in a Box' as it's become known as a way for the Recon Team to be able to do SOMETHING to help locals when they wake up, and allow locals to feel like they are doing something to better their condition. I never intended for the team to manage or run the camp.

Having the food there is not 'trying to do everything'... and seeing that the Project is operating on a long-term basis they could easily take the time to build things up and set up caches all around the country. because in all honesty, it's the only way that the project could do anything they are attempting to do.

Thus giving the teams the flexibility to do their jobs. That's what 'camp in the box' is all about. Giving flexibility to a team. They can use the 'camp in a box' for refugees or setting up a project community.

But I'm a big believer in the idea that if the project is doing something for it's own people, they are doing it for the people they are helping. You don't have the Project personnel and contractors living good, while the people you are helping are living in squallier. That just makes the people you are trying to help feel resentment that you are keeping the best stuff for yourself.

Thus i came up with the 'Camp in the Box' so that the Team could give locals some of the 'perks' that the Project would be using for their own people as well. A bridge between the two worlds, showing that soon as we get all this done, everyone can have access to the same stuff if you work for it.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.