Thread: Fiddle's Green
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Sabre Ready!

Send a message via AIM to Panther Al

Last I looked the army is up to 48 brigades, which is significantly more than there was in 2002, yet our manpower strength, while increased, hasn't increased that much. Which lends me to believe that these new brigades are, on the whole, weaker.

And to be fair, a good bit of the screaming has an element of sour grapes to it. A lot of divisions- as well as the two ACR's, have a lot of traditions, and while the powers that be say the traditions of these units will be intact, its not looking that way to the average joe because, for the most part the divisions will take the field with whatever brigades that happen to be available regardless of what division they officially belong to. Its worse with the ACR's. No unit in my view is more bound to its history and traditions as a cavalry regiment, and changeover to Strykers means to the mind of the troopers that they no longer are a unique, special unit, they have become just another infantry unit no different than the rest. This might not be true, I don't know if the two regiments maintained a cavalry organisation or switched to and infantry one, but the perception is there none the less.

Proud fan(atic) of the CV90 Series.