View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 08:13 PM

Jim stays at the wheel of the truck while Sam provides overwatch in the back of the Truck while Jim, Carter, and You siphon.

This is repeated 6 times with no incidence when you pull up to the last car that is abandoned in front of the street that leads to 313. So far you’re at 85 out of 95 gallons capacity – you found three 5 gallon emergency containers in the back of a couple of the cars.

You unload and bend over the tank to start siphoning the gas out of the car.

“Freeze right now mother f**ker or you die!” Sam’ shout scares the hell out of you and you spin to see who he is talking too.

You see a man about 72 years old with wispy remains of grey hair on his head, and a kid about 15 years old next to him holding his right arm with a hasty bandage over his forearm who is looking down at the ground.

“Police? Right? We need some help…” you can’t help but think about the POLICE that is bold and yellow on your vest. Apparently it has its advantages (no one has bothered you yet even while they watched you siphon gas) and disadvantages…..

“We might be police what do you want?” Says Sam.

“Well, look, this kid here”, as the old man beckons the boy forward, “lives in that house there.” And the old man points to a house about 150m up and to the right.

“His name is Chris Roberts, and he says that some gunmen, terrorist probably the way he describes it, have taken his family hostage and are holed up in Chris’s house.

Chris was able to run out the back when they burst in but they shot and wounded him in the arm. He came to my house because he knows me and Mable.

I…I think they killed his pop, but he says his mom and 3 siblings are still in there. But I told Chris that yall were the police and would be able to help him, right?” The old man asks with a pleading face.

The boy chances a look up into your eyes and quickly looks back down to the ground.

PC:
"Shit....How many of them, and you'd better start pointing us towards your house.... I need to know everything that you know kid, that way we can deal with these guys are get your family back, ok? What kind of guns did they have? Guns like ours (hold up AK) or.. pistols and shotguns?

How about your house? 1 or 2 Story, and how many rooms?"

I want to do all this talking while we're moving.... whenever he lets us know which house, I want to make sure we all stay out of sight until we get some sort of plan together.

GM:
Chris looks up, "There were like 3 or 4 of them. They were wearing some sorta headband like you'd see on the news. We got a two story house, and I think they had AK looking weapons like you guys but I don't really know. I was out in the yard getting some firewood when they busted in our house. After hearing a couple of gunshots I tried to get closer when one of the guys came out the back door and I ran and he shot me in the arm."

"Tell them about your house, Chris" says the old me refocusing the kid.

"We have a front door that leads up to the stairs and the back door in the kitchen. We have the living room and dinning room down stairs and upstairs is all the bed rooms. You want me to draw it out or something?" says Chris.

Ok.. so 3 or 4 with probably Assault rifles... How many of your family is inside Chris?

Yeah, draw it out if you can... the more we know, the better chance we can get your family out of there."

"My Mom and my two sisters and my younger brother. All the other kids are younger than me."
He looks around for a second and grabs a stick and starts drawing a layout in the mud.

Map Inc....

First Floor
Second Floor

Is there any way I can get closer to the house, to see if I can see any movement in the windows, but without being seen?

You can try a fieldcraft check against their AWA or something, if you want to get closer.

"Ok... Sam, drop the vest and give it to Carter.

Me and Sam are gonna stay out front... I'll try and take pot shots at anyone in the windows. Sam is going to provide suppressive fire via the RPK.

This is how its gonna go... Joey, Jim, Carter... y'all are going to press around the house to the backdoor. Once me and Sam think we've given you enough time to get to the back; we're gonna start laying some suppressive fire thru the windows to keep their heads down. Once you hear that plow thru the door and go room to room... remember, it's gonna be tight. Keep yourselves as light as possible.. bring only what you need in there.

Me and Sam will provide overwatch from outside and will start leap frogging to the front door... clear the downstairs first, then we'll move upstairs.

Once the downstairs is clear... signal to us outside the window and we'll start throwing rounds upstairs, and you go press up during a break in the fusillade (spelling)....everyone got it?

Stack order for y'all at the backdoor is Jim, Joey, Carter... slice the pie, watch those corners... lets get everyone out of there OK."

Me and Sam are going to take up positions in front of the house, behind any available trees that we can... approx 100m from the house, both prone with as much of our bodies behind trees as possible. We're going to give Carter, Jim and Joey a little time before we open up on the front of the house.. Sam needs to lay about 20 rnds on the downstairs; rake them across the windows, then put about 10 upstairs.. I want to watch for any hostile movement and take any potshots I can (mainly adding to the suppressive fire).

Sam starts to take off the vest.

Jim chimes in, “What about your vest James? You’re sending us in and you’re gonna hold on to the vest? Aight whatever.”

Joey kinda just gives you a neutral look. But also looks to Jim too.

Sam chimes in, “Look it’s not going to matter. I am gonna hose them with the RPK anyways. You guys are just going in to mop up. Hell you think I’d let my brother (Carter) go in too if I thought it was f*cked to begin with?”

That seems to put doubts to rest but you can still pick up on Sam’s body language that he is nervous.

Carter slips on the tactical vest and adjusts some of the straps on the side and next area, then gives you a nod.

Joey chimes in again, “Look I’ve got the shorter gun so I’ll go first.” <M4 costs less ticks to shoot in a CQB situation>

With that you begin to split up. You tell the old man and Chris to stay next to the truck.

You and Sam start approaching the front of the house. You take your time as does the assault group and get bonuses to your field craft rolls for taking a slower pace. You quietly and deliberately move between pine trees not to fast as to attract the eye but quickly enough to minimize your exposure to the house.