View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 04:44 AM

The key question in this whole debate has been just how much the Project can help local refugee populations. This breaks down into two parts; how large is your Project and how much gear/technology is available to support your Project.

Say, for arguement's sake that your version of the Project has 20,000 recon personnel, split into 10-person teams...thats 2,000 recon teams and let's further say that each recon team has a CIAB that can support 3,000 survivors...that's roughly 6,000,000 survivors being supported by the Project.

At the 2kg per per person per day supply; that's 12,000,000kg or 6,000 tons of foodstuffs per day.

Supplying a 90 day supply...that's 540,000 tons of just basic foodstuffs, no clothing, no tools, no reference materials. This is the weak point of the CIAB.

Don't get me wrong, I think the CIAB is a wonderful idea! It's the logistics side of it that are the major stumbling block.

A better way of calculating things may be to look at the population of the area that the team will be working in...if the pre-war population was 38,000,000 and following TM-1s 98% death rate...that would leave a post-oops population of 760,000, once again at the 2kg rate that's 1,520,000kg or 760 tons per day or 68,400 tons for a 90 day supply.

There is no way that the Project would be able to support the entire surviving population of a post-oops world for much more than a minimal amount of time. The logistics of securing and emplacing CIAB of the size needed are almost impossible...not to mention the security problems of burying 540,000 tons around the country, sooner or later somebody is going to uncover a cache or a CIAB. That's why I feel that the CIAB would be of the minimal size, perhaps to support 1-3,000 people in very carefully selected portions of the country.