View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 08:57 PM
The Stat Guy

That's how Mary Marsh is now. She's in a nursing home, doesn't seem to understand or be willing to accept that Mike is dead, doesn't understand where she is, and Connie (their daughter) says she's slowly understanding less and less -- she's just sort of fading away. They'd been married since 1946.

Their dogs are at Connie's house, and just sort of wander around aimlessly. Connie thinks they're looking for Mike and Mary -- Anya (one of my dogs)did that for a while when first Shadow, then Wolfie (two more of my dogs) died. Connie has other dogs and trains service dogs on her property -- but Mike and Mary's dogs don't seem to have taken to anyone else.

I pay the people who take care of my yard to take care of theirs, at least until Connie can sell the house. But CPS has already cut off the power and the lawn service uses water from our house to water the rose bushes that are basically dying from the lack of care, care that Mary used to give them and that neither me, my mother, or the lawn service knows how to do. I learned a lot from Mike -- he could fix just about anything except modern cars, and we had stories to tell each other. ( I could not for the life of me teach him how to do more than the basics with a computer, though!) Mike kept a yard that was immaculate and weed- and pest-free, and his house sharp. I hope my next neighbors are at least quiet.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com

Last edited by pmulcahy11b; 08-15-2011 at 09:06 PM.