Thread: Population
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySGT. View Post
Hmm, Well any way you like. That's your game. I just think that in any place that is that well recovered is not going to need the Project, even going so far as to being hostile to the Projects meddling.

The Project personnel are going to get frozen out, as hardly capable hired guns at best. Not enough persons or materials to affect anything when it is an six man team and Texas has 3 million.
Actually, I should revise my figures. I just checked "Operation Lonestar" and my memory was incorrect. The module lists the population of Texas as 5 million

I understand your point about the relative importance of a small team when it's dealing with a City-State rather than a village - but I don't it think it's too difficult to provide a scenario that will work

For example, let's steal a plot from Shakespeare (I always recommend stealing from the best). It wouldn't be difficult to look at "Julius Caesar" and transfer it to a "New Presidency".
.................................................. .................................................. .
A successful General has expanded the borders. Security, Economic Opportunities, The Rule of Law and something resembling peace are now in existence. The real problem is that many Senators suspect that he intends to remove the last vestiges of Democracy & make himself a dictator.

What does the 6-person team do? Try to protect the new Caesar? Help another candidate run for the election? Try to help in the assassination? Go for the Brutus role or Mark Anthony's? There's likely to be a Civil War if they can't handle it safely. Can the Morrow project broker a truce? If not, whose side will they pick?

Last edited by Matt W; 09-24-2011 at 12:38 PM.