Thread: Gun Trucks
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 11:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webstral View Post
Realistically, though, what weapons are one likely to find? Central Europe is littered with suitable heavy weapons by mid-2000. Parts of the USSR, Iran, Iraq, North China, Korea also will have a fair stock of weapons for gun trucks. Australia and New Zealand are probably less blessed than the areas where the armies of the world duked it out. CONUS, where my attention is fixed, won't have the same variety or numbers of suitable weapons as Central Europe. Places like Vermont and New Hampshire, which were stripped of troops, weapons, and supplies so that reinforcements could be sent to the Southwest and the Pacific Northwest, will be very short on weapons for gun trucks. Colorado, on the other hand, should have a fair number.
Web... there is also a few other sources that you might be able to get retired weapons systems. Tanks, helicopters and the like.. American Legion posts, Veterans of Foreign Wars Chapters, DIsabled American Veterans Chapters and other faternal groups of Veterans. It just hit me that there is a UH-1 Heuy Gunship, a towed howitzer and a Sherman tank sitting in front of the local VFW Chapter. There is a towed heavy AA machinegun infront of the masons Lodge a few blocks away. There are also some field cannons in the park as well.

Some communities might have these kinds of weapon systems that might be able to be refurbished and used.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.