View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 07:04 PM

It would have to be a WSM winchester short magnum. The .300 WM is too long to fit in the 308 magazine. The Mag well would have to be lengthened and the upper redone, basically a whole new weapon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schone23666 View Post
Again an old post...and again, what the hell.

I'd say, in the game, assuming it was available? A modified SR-25 in .300 Winchester Magnum. It's lighter than the Barrett M-82(which don't get me wrong, it's long ranged and powerful as hell, but it weighs like a beast), it's accurate, semi-automatic and feeds from a 10 or 20 round magazine that allows quick follow up shots, handling characteristics are similar to the AR-15/M-16/M-4 platform, and the .300 Winchester Magnum does have pretty decent range and packs a punch. If reports out of Iraq were accurate, some SOF members were using this sort of configuration for vehicle interdiction (if someone out there knows more or if this is inaccurate, please let me know).

In real life? Mind you, I have no training as a sniper, but I'd probably pick the same thing assuming I can get it (SR-25 in .300 Winchester Magnum has to be special ordered, if I'm not mistaken). It would just take some time to get used to the recoil, among other things.

However, it seems I voted on the Accuracy International .338 Lapua Magnum for some reason....oops.