View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace
Both heat and overpressure would be good to have, actually.

The linked one isn't bad. If you click on the impact icon it'll tell you what the various colors are indicating. I don't agree with their effects for "conflagration"....I think more are going to be dead long before 24 hours.

Plus, it would have been better with a little more variety. It was good to have the originals out there, and the biggest one, but an asteroid??? Like we need an indicator to tell us that we'd be screwed if that happened on a major scale.

Putting in a variety of Russian, British, American and some "estimated" others would be good. (like China, India, Pakistan, Israeli, etc.)
I will probably have both but I need a default one. My goals are really more grand than any one i have seen before. I want from .25KT to 20MT plus I want to be able to map multiple strikes on the same map. I am thinking of letting the user select a state (or center point and radius) and then see one of the following within the selection:

The T2k Version 2 strikes or
The Morrow Project strikes
The DC working group strikes (once they finalize their list)

I might add Greabard's strike lists as well if I can geocode (get long and lat) for them.

I will do single strikes as well or allow an uploaded list. Still deciding on the feature set.