View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
very nice additions - makes it an even better final product. Even though I dont agree with the final result as per HW, the additions you have made really bring the era of late 2000 to early 2001 to life. It does represent an attempt to explain a canonical event that I dont agree with but as always canon is what you make of it.

And for those who choose to stay to that canon what you have done is really bring the division and its history to life.

I would make one suggestion. Since it is written as a historical document you may want to extend it out and suggest a possible future for the unit. As mentioned eventually the unit has the BMP as a museum piece at its HQ at Fort Sill. Thus it doesnt die but continues and eventually survives as a division. That story would be a an excellent addition to what you have written.
Thanks, I haven't finished with the document yet but haven't fully worked out the future of the 49th. Personally I see it withering away leaving a headquarters made up of the command staff and little else (which is operating under greater and greater delusions) but I can be persuaded to do things differently.