View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 05:30 PM

Rofl... that would be funny Webstral

The important part for me in this material is that Elblag was probably destroyed in 1997 during the fighting in Northern Poland either when the German Army first swept through the area, or most likely (at least this is what I believe) when the German Army was pushed back into Germany. This would at least give some background for those of us who are examining and beginning to play games in that region with the characters coming from the 2nd Marine Division.

The big unanswered question from here is, was the city laid to waste by conventional fighting or by a tactical nuclear strike. Here again, I lean to the second option.

So it is my opinion only, that the Soviets nuked the city as the German 1st Army and it's allied components were being pushed out of Poland in during the second half of 1997. Although a very colorful story could be made for the Germans nuking the town as the Soviets entered it.

From reading on the history of Elblag, I tend to think the Germans would want it to stay intact since it is a city that had once been a German city and some deep history tied to Germany's past.

Now this brings me to a question. Has anyone outlined the German Army and their movements through the war? I'm going back and looking at my stuff but I've only just begun this process and if someone has already done a lot of ground work I'd love to read over it.