View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 02:06 PM

Exclamation We need new ideas

I have now red a lot of stuff that has been posted here, and I must admit that I would like the strategy to change a little bit in the upcomming session.

After the last nuclear exchange I belive that preparation for high-tech warfare beween states and optimizing industrial growth is not the way to proceed. I am sick of paperwork and table reading. I believe that shorter more intense lives will bring back the spirit of the game and hopfully occational acts of cooperation.

We should put our dreams of world domination behind us an focus on how we can SHAPE the chaotic world around us and CREATE a perfect community from scratch. If we join NDP and old the other fractions that were shaken, but not destroyed in the previous war, we will after a while be back to where we started, in a forever stalemate with other fractions. Wars will be fought, yes, but they will be short on end with a draw. Borders will be redrawn and player will after a while starts to loose limbs. But it will be the same old story over again.

I would like to play something new and disturbing.
People are pretty depressed after the last war and looking for something meaningful in their miserable lives. Since TV and quality booze is in short supply today, that something could be RELIGION. I believe we should start a doomsday sect, complete with brain-washing units and human sacrifices based on the old Mexican cultures in a slightly more modern world featuring the best parts of Pol Pots Cambodia.

The plan will probably take 5-10 years to complete.
*) We need to find remote areas suitable for farming and set up a community there
*) Refugees, there should be plenty of them now, will form the basis for the working force, and after a while also contribute in the armed forces
*) A city name like UTOPIA will be chosen for advertisement purposes. Promises of shelter and food will also be useful. The only requisite for accepance will be total submission to OUR GODS.
*) Nobody leaves the community. Everybody works hard and are happy. Otherwise they disappear
*) The people will of course be subject to long term brain washing. Spectacular "miracles" toghether with systematic starvation (the carrot and stick approach following Pavlos principles) will over years make them religous and fanatic.
*) Our culture is cruel. Humans must be sacrificed to please the Gods, and the taking of prisoners of war to be used in religous rituals is considered a most coragous act by our servicemen.
*) Although not neccesarily militarily super-strong, we can still acheive considerable success on the battlefield due to FEAR of sacrificial death in the civilial population, and respect of our soldiers fanatical moral in our enemys armed forces.
*) Military strategy should be based on accumulating farm land and workers (for brain processing) in rural USA.
*) Politics however should always be directed inward. We will have no diplomatic ties with other fractions. Trade is not neccesary, we obtain our wealth by plundering. This strategy will probably have to revised after some while, but a key to initial success is ISOLATION and FEAR.
*) Culture is important. The peaople of our happy society should get used to perform strange rituals, learn a new invented language and e.g always shave their head. This will, over time, strengthen the effect of the brain washing.

Leadership:
This is of course the difficult part; one high priest should be suffient. The rest of us could be simple priest. Needless to say, in such a community all community act, including war, is based on religion.
Since I assume all players want to be high priest in such a beautiful community, this could be resolved be the tossing of a dice, or a submission fight between the players. I belive such a decision is far too important to be subject to democracy. Players that are weak and feel that they don't have the stomach for such a great undertaking can of course choose not to accept the position of high priest.

Although there are still some details that are not worked out in the plan, I believe I have clearly outlined a sketch for you.
It is now your decision whether you want to continue with the old low key high-tech warfare we have been doing for years or if you would like to shape the world around you and create a culture of your own.