View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 02:03 AM

I agree with everything you've said. I agree that "upping the ante" is the right direction, and its something we all work towards.

The difficulty though, is being able to pull it off. What you've described is what we want (players want), but how are you going to execute it? Maybe thats something you could put down here in writing, because i think thats maybe the question your asking, or if you do have some ideas its what hasnt been said so far that people want to hear and maybe comment on.

But in general i agree with what your saying. Put them right under the pump early. On foot (no vehicle roll!), maybe only with pistals or armed weapons (knives). Make them have to work for basic weapons (like M-16's or AKM's). Put them under time pressure, make the players have to make decisions (make the players have to choose between maybe a weapons cabinet, some food from a food box or a vehicle (jeep), they are likely to get one of the above, unlikely to get 2 of the above before the enemy is on them, and almost impossible to get all 3. I think its this kind of quick and dirty decision making that puts players in the hot seat and have to make meaning choices where the payoffs are small.