View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySGT. View Post
I was planning on surplus from WW2 and Korea with M151 jeeps and M3 half tracks. Abundant M1 Garands and M1 Carbines to re-arm and for partisan groups to fight the Soviets. Then rebuilding gear at the village level from SF experiences in South east Asia. Plus abundant medical staff and engineers.
M-1 Garand's and Carbines are good, and a plentiful stock of M-14's were still sitting in packing crates during the 80's so they could be stockpiled as well. There would even be plentiful ammunition stockpiled away in armory's that could be gathered up and stored away, much of that has probably sat for decades though. Vehicle wise, Korea and WW-2 vintage is a tad out of date, not with plentiful stocks of Vietnam era equipment floating about. There are even Humvee's in service that could be stored for a later date though they might be missed. I used Jeeps as a option as the 80's was when Jeeps were being phased out of service I think, not sure about that. But there would be plenty of old jeeps that could be stockpiled away for later use, and even spare parts that no one would miss. It really counts where Snake Eaters where being stored in cryo and how much room in comparison they were given in comparison to the Morrow Teams Bolt Holes.
An option is old Salt Mines or even old Government owned Mining Tunnels for storing vehicles and excess equipment with the Snake Eaters in cryo near by. I could even see Huey's being stored with Snake Eaters being qualified to fly them, of course the other issue of fuel then comes up. All good if they wake up five years after the nukes, but after a 150 years fuel will be very hard to get.

Last edited by stormlion1; 11-09-2013 at 10:53 AM.