View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13 View Post
Edit I should note that I read "Phoenix Project" first and that might be why I connect with it. I do feel that the Morrow universe is amazing and I can see how people who read it first would connect to the original story.
I understand what you mean. TMP was the second RPG I learned. First, of course, was D&D. I have always enjoyed tinkering with TMP. I have had teams wake all over the time spectrum. Including one memorable one that woke DURING WWIII!!! That was a Cluster F***!!!!

One Idea I had a LONG time ago.

Bruce himself did NOT time travel....Just too many things wrong...But maybe he could reach into the future and retrieve small objects...or the plans for said objects..

SO, Steven Hawking was able to design the fusion packs from the notes Bruce was able to get. Dr. Michael DeBakey was able to decipher the "freeze tubes".

As far as the COT, I looked at it as the predecessor of modern day Preppers. They looked at the chaos that was the Cold War. Saw that there was just too many ways mankind could/ would kill themselves. So, to preserve the "American Way" TMP was conceived. The objects and more importantly the news that Bruce was able to retrieve was enough to convince the COT that Doomsday was coming.

I do like the idea that Doomsday is 2017 from V4!! The 15 years or so in V3 is just not enough time.

Yeah, I know it is a "hand wave" to try and explain how COT was formed and derived the idea for TMP.

My $0.02

Mike