Thread: Fishing
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 09:11 PM

Location: Equaly at home in the water, the mountains and the desert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker
All relatively good ideas in principle, however materials and manpower might be a bit scarce to put them into practice. I can see however a handful of buildings having some of the ideas implemented - those in the heart of strongly held areas.

Fish, while a great idea (and one I'd definately be working towards) has it's own problems - where do you get your stock in the first place? Isn't the waterways around NYC seawater in which case you've got real problems keeping the water in your tank/pool/etc from simply killing your fish.

Freshwater fish solve that issue, however it raises another - where do you get enough live freshwater fish?

All problems can be surmounted given time and resources, but I don't see them as available in the first 5-6 years after the nukes, possibly even longer.

There are several rivers that run into the harbor. As well as the water tanks atop many buildings.

As for fish, koi ponds are not that uncomon ornamnental, as well as carp and similiar fish can be found in small backwater tributaries. Simply catch a few, toss them in a bucket and transport when you are done and go from there. I would also toss in some water vegetation as well.