View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 01:30 PM

Interesting discussion.

I think KFS, frozen chosen and other hi tech cultures can certainly produce a lot of tech but there's a cut off. I'd say it's when you start moving from electronics to micro electronics. Round about the 1960s, when you go from fixing your own cars with you and your buddies tools till it moves over to a guy at a garage plugging it onto a computer.

Valve tech isn't so hard to build by hand it's a lot easier to build a vacuum tube than a circuit board.

So I'd say the cream of post apocalyptic technology would be somewhere between world war 2 and the Vietnam war.

Again as this is being built by hand, by a relatively small number of engineer/mechanics.

So it's more likely to produce an occasional big shock, a scouting unit with a couple of hefty night scoped rifles tracking the team by night, a decoding computer breaking the code on their radios.

Or possibly even anti tank guided missiles, not fancy guided or even SACLOS types. But an old school joy stick guided one like the sagger, not accurate but quite capable of crippling a poorly camouflaged parked vehicle.