View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 10:13 AM

The only thing I would differ from Army Sgt. is at Day + 2 years IF there are clear areas, get A recon team into the area to look it over. IF the area is viable, THEN consider releasing other assets. Other wise, move to next area.

Let's be cynical about this for a moment. At Day + 5 years, my view is 1% of the original population is still alive. At Best. One of the original ideas of TMP was to save as much pre war knowledge as possible. IMHO, getting to that professor of nuclear science at Day + 2 years is a lot more helpful then him/her dead at Day + 3 years. Also, the sooner you can get teams into libraries, the more knowledge you save. Computer systems, especially the farther out you push The Day, are more and more fragile as far as EMP. BUT maybe some of the more secure data farms MIGHT be usable. More Knowledge. TMP is more likely to run into surviving USA military resources. TMP NEEDS all the help it can get. So do the surviving resources. Possible synergy of effort.

Let's look at food. Any where near blast zones, canned food is probably contaminated. But there are ware houses in areas that are not radiated. YES, some will be empty/burned/whatever during the survival frenzy. The more you can salvage now, the more you can save later. The same applies to medical supplies, water supplies, oil/gas/kerosene, clothing, etc..... The more you get now, the better tomorrow looks.

Any surviving industrial capacity SHOULD be investigated and categorized for preservation. A working (very slowly) oil well in Northeastern Pennsylvania is worth a lot NOW!! A surviving nail manufactoring plant WILL be needed for future development, but maybe not right now. Can we (TMP) mothball this factory? Who do we have on staff that knows about nails and how to make them?

Time to get off soap box again. I'll be back with more thoughts.

My $0.02

Mike