View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 08:29 AM

Location: Equaly at home in the water, the mountains and the desert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b
The only thing we ever used dummy M-16s for in the Army was for bayonet training. In Basic they made the mistake of letting us use real M-16s on the Bayonet Obstacle Course -- so many were damaged the Battalion Commander reportedly chewed out the CO of our training company. I personally shattered my left handguard, troops were coming off the course with broken stocks, broken handguards, and bent barrels; one guy even had his pistol grip give way. I shudder to think what would have happened if sometime in my career I had ever gotten into a real bayonet fight...

I think we used them twice, once for bayonet training in Boot Camp and the other time was swim qual.

As for her, they were doing some kind of formation stuff like wedge, echelon right and left and skirmishers and all that and they only had enough dummy rifles for half of them. She also wanted to get the feel for it. Come on she is a woman, and they do feel the need to accessorize.

As for stuff breaking, hell, I had a SAW stock break on me once as did I the bipod. Stufff happens man.