View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT. Ox View Post
Ok, in the 2000 time line;
What would say three A-teams and a B-team, be doing in Germany?
Who has control of Mission assignment?
Who would be responsible for them, gear, vehicles, etc?
Now I need this info for my Grand Son who will just not understand that Grandpa was Airborne Ranger, NOT Special forces.
But then how do you say no to a thirteen year old that has your name?
He is not going to get all those folks but it will help me assign some for his use and maybe make a little sense.
Although I am by no means an expert on this subject compared to almost everyone on the board, I do have a bit of knowledge on this subject. Point by point:

Quote:
What would say three A-teams and a B-team, be doing in Germany?
They would be either doing a secret mission of sorts (preparing partisans in case of a WP breakthrough or raiding the enemy for food sources perhaps?), escaping towards Bremerhaven to get to the ships there if the player group is doing the "Going Home" module, providing security for an high ranking officer, official or dignitary going to Bremerhaven, they could of used their training and skills to somehow have set up their own miniature empire within Germany or a hundred other reasons

Quote:
Who has control of Mission assignment?
Those that remain would be (at best) Corps level assets (at worst, Army level or Theatre level) due to their experience and training, never mind their near irreplaceablity

Quote:
Who would be responsible for them, gear, vehicles, etc?
Since they are Corps level (at best) assets, the person responsible would be G4 or F4, which is the logistics officer the Corps (depending if it is a forward headquarters, thus F4 or the main HQ, in which case it would be a G4.).

Any other questions? I hope this helped. If I got this wrong, can the other board members who have more knowledge of this then me correct me on my mistakes?