View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 03:37 PM

Default Civ. model ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketenjagdpanzer View Post
For civilian settings? A garbage truck. Ditch the hydraulics, do some face-hardening of available mild steel (like from dumpsters and whatnot), make it splinter and small-caliber resistant, loads of room in the back, durable as hell. Stinks to high heaven but if you clean it out and pad it out you've got a 20-passenger personnel carrier. And it absolutely has the suspension and horsepower to carry the additional armor (esp. once you ditch the hydraulics) and so on.

Military? Stryker or LAV. Possibly M113 although throwing or breaking a track would be a constant worry. If I'd established a landhold/firebase/cantonment somewhere, an Abrams or a Stingray plus a few trucks as a QRF.
Interesting thought. I had not really given consideration to what I might use at or around 1998 to 2000 here in the states and since I am thinking about a game in that time frame here goes;
1. An older Brinks armored van that is sitting in a junk yard somewhere and has a Restorable engine, IE pre electronic ignition.
2. Any one of the "surplus” armored cars in use by law enforcement
3. Above Garbage truck.
4. Dump truck "Diesel" mod.
5. above recreational .
Hmmm I am going to spend some more time on this.
Tis better to see them afor they see you.