View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting4something View Post
My favorite Western European weapon is a hard one for me. For a assault rifle I would say a Steyr AUG or a FNC. I wasn't that into bulllpups, but the AUG is a good weapon system that has some nice features. The FNC seems like a solid weapon too, and would be faster on magazine changes which I like. Both lack a last round hold open which sucks. If the G41 would have taken off maybe I would have considered that one, but the design never went anywhere.
The Italian AR-70 I like a lot, but I'm not sure it fits here due to the fact in the story the Italians are not with Nato.

Now if I was to go the battle rifle route and could get my hands on a Dutch or Portuguese AR-10 that be the one I want. They would be rare as hens teeth though. The FAL would be a more realistic option. It has the best ergonomics of any of the battle rifles at the time except the AR-10, it's solid, and has a last round bolt hold open.
The best AR10 is an Omani upper on a Portugese lower, told that by someone who used them in one of the many African brushfire wars.