View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 10:51 AM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfish View Post
And what is their job with PB1 functioning? Again, these are high-value staff, you can't afford to have them napping, no matter what you want them working. There really isn't a need for 2 PB's at the same time.
I would think it would be two fold.

1) To take over in case of the loss of Prime Base 1 due to nuclear strike or other action. Which admittedly Prime Base 2 has failed to do. So I can surmise that there is no one outside of cryosleep in PB2 to make a determination. PB2 has to be awoke by a signal from PB1 to awaken. There is probably a "Deadman" switch that is supposed to awaken PB2 if PB1 is knocked out. I feel PB1 disabled this due to the events that happened upon opening and intended PB2 to be awoken by the same wakeup signal intended for the rest of the project.

2) PB2 would have assumed responsibility for a large portion of the eastern seaboard as the Project became to large to be managed. PB2 would become the higher authority for all regions east of the Mississippi river after a certain threshold had been reached.

3)I have considered PB2 to be the dedicated location for the jumpstart of the University and College effort. A few hundred persons all with graduate degrees and teaching experience that are intended to be re-introduced in areas that are recovering well to get the advanced education system necessary for industry, medicine, government, etc. These people are vital to the recovery but, not in the initial disaster response period.