View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 04:22 PM
Banned

normally I would say yes - but considering how long the war had been going on, how much had been sold to the Chinese and how much had to have been shipped over to Europe and Iran and Korea before the TDM the question is how much anti-armor was left - and with CivGov and MilGov playing at shipping men over to Europe still how much of what was left did they take with them?

normally I would say they had more than enough LAW's and the like to give a good showing - but they werent expecting a Mexican attack - meaning those units along the border may not have been equipped to deal with armor

they were on missions to secure the border against refugees - thats more of a riot control mission - so did they go with their anti-armor equipment left behind at the depots?

consider that transport by then had broken down - given that they may have sent them without a lot of their anti-armor and anti-air weaponry - possibly even without any light armored vehicles they had as well to conserve fuel

now they eventually did get them because they stopped the Mexicans eventually - but could that explain the Mexican success - possibly

after all a bunch of troops with riot gear, light weapons and maybe at most tear gas and stunning grenades arent going to be able to stand up to an armored attack, even if its not a tank heavy one

and with air units restricted due to lack of fuel they may not have even known the Mexicans were building up to attack until it was too late (i.e. sounding the alarm when they are crossing the border into El Paso with Stuarts is way way too late)